Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Master Study 4



This is my fourth master study. The original is by Mikko Eerola. I found it at DeviantArt. My next project is going to be an environment concept, and I wanted to get the hang of painterly brushwork. The image below is a speed painting I did earlier in the class where I was experimenting with painterly oil brushes. I think I've made a lot progress working in this technique. The master study is obviously a huge improvement over the earlier speed painting.


1 comment:

  1. I think that a lot of this is trusting what random looking brushstrokes will do for creating an image. All of those marks work together to create a rich texture that becomes a believable surface. It is a lot like inkblots. We form all of those blots and marks into something that makes sense to us based on the context of the image. Much more fun than photographic reality.

    ReplyDelete