Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WIP Second Project


This is my second project so far. I used the pen tool to trace the shapes and then made selections out of them to paint in. The biggest problem I've had so far with this project is the perspective of the reflection. I improved the perspective some by making a Sculpey model and then drawing from that. This took a very long time and only achieved moderately satisfying results as the perspective of the reflection and the car are still not quite accurate. I may try learning some 3D applications in the future to solve this problem better. I think what the painting needs now is just more refinement and detail. I might try introducing color into it before I'm done as well.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is working well so far. I think the high lights are working well for right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what would happen if you just tried retouching your photo of the rough clay sculpture. Maybe it could be blurred and sharpened again to get the basic forms into photoshop.

    ReplyDelete