Tuesday, July 14, 2009

WIP Third Project

This is what I have so far for my third project. Right now I'm using the original line drawing for the line work. I'm still working on inking the drawing in Illustrator with the blob brush. I started coloring in photoshop and didn't like the results I was getting, so I started all over in Painter X. Painter is really good for coloring this kind of work, it speeds up the process a lot as well. To finish the painting I still need to add the highlights and shadows, plus some detail work and maybe some textures. I was originally only planning on doing some vague cloudy shapes for the background, but now that I see it half done I'm wondering if that's going to work. It seems like it might need something else but I can't think of what that should be.

2 comments:

  1. I would find some photographs to quickly drop in the background to see their effects. If you like it you could spend the time doing something in that genre. Try this: http://www.mccullagh.org/photo/1ds-4/roman-city-ruins-dougga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always play with taki or talim! I like that you have talim facing backward so you didn't have to draw her huge watermelon boobs lol

    ReplyDelete