Friday, July 31, 2009

Final DA Portfolio

This is a screen shot of my DA portfolio. The system for making one works pretty well, and it looks a lot better than the regular DA profile page. You get a lot of options to work with when you make the portfolio, like background color, text color, serif or sans serif type, and some layout options, but it's still pretty limited compared to designing a webpage in something like Dreamweaver. The main benefit of using the feature is how fast and easy it is to make the portfolio and edit it later. Since the editing tools are all built into the website you can make changes from any computer with internet access. You also get your own domain name even with the free version. There are some benefits to upgrading to the premium version, like unlimited gallery space and no DeviantArt logos, but I think the free version works just fine. I'm still planning on making my own website with Dreamweaver so that I have complete control over everything, but this works really well as a temporary site until I have the good one finished.

The url is: http://ryanvalle.daportfolio.com/

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Got it bookmarked. It would be interesting to see who finds it and if it brings in any jobs.

    ReplyDelete